Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hall Windows

Now that I have the staircase in and the bedroom wallpapered, it is time to put the staircase wall in. But then it would be rather difficult to get to the windows.

So I decided that I would complete the windows for the hall before I went any further. First I put stain glass on. I thought the blue and green would be a good combination for the stain glass in this area.

Then I painted the window frames and installed them. Now I had to think on what I was going to use for curtains! I started to look through my stash.

I found some lace that I could use for curtains, and I found a bracelet that I had bought at the dollar store that would do for the ends of the curtain rods.

The curtains are now up and I am pleased with how they came out. Now I can put the staircase wall up and go on to the next step.

11 comments:

  1. It's looking good, Doreen! The wallpaper you've used is so very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta mucho como esta decorando las ventanas, tanto el cristal como las cortinas le quedan estupendamente. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Doreen- the lace made perfect curtains! I love the blue and green stained glass too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative in this house. I like both types of stain glass windows and your staircase came out great in spite of the mismatched wood. I loved visiting with the animals and the GD. Nice visit, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats - see http://minitreasures.pbworks.com/w/page/38838073/mtw_two_years

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and green combination of colours for the stained glass, Doreen! Very, very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the windows, nice colors. It's a shame that you could not have the stained wood stairs that you wanted, but you have made them look very nice. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've recently found your blog and have thoroughly examined EVERY post. Just have to say, I've learned much from you and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lace curtains look fabulous and really compliment the wallpaper choice. It is all these little touches that really count in the end I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy following your blog,just seeing what you get done helps me to get things done on mine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...