Sunday, February 24, 2013

Floor Problems

 I am working on the kitchen floor in the dollhouse and I found a tile sample on line that I thought would work.  So I did some work with it and came up with this template.  I printed it out on regular paper first to see if it would look good in the kitchen.  I looked great so I then proceeded to print it on gloss paper.
Here are the "four" prints that came out!!  The first one on the left is the original on regular paper and that is the one I wanted.  The colours are a bit off in the picture but you can get the general idea. The second one was purplely blue and that would look horrible.  So I thought maybe I should have set the printer for glossy paper and tried again.  This time it came out blue which still would not go in the kitchen. So I played around with the settings of the printer again. (I have no clue what it all means nor do I know what I am doing.) I set it for glossy paper, slightly muted saturation, warmer tone, and AdobeRGB colour space.

This time, I got the fourth from the left which was just what I wanted. Perfect.  But I needed two sheets for the floor, so I printed out a second one - keeping the same settings - and this time it turned out "green"  HELP!  What am I doing??????    I waited awhile and tried once again and it came out a light blue.  I need some help here.  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen, my printer prints the first few pages in blue, whatever I had selected. I think it's because it's up against a very cold wall and it has to get going, sort of. I think to get 2 of the same you should ask for 2 copies in one print run, via the menu-print. They are most likely to be the same, at least that is the only thing I can suggest to make your temperamental machine do what you need!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually only have color issues when my printer is running low on ink. Have you checked that already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about this - I have some square tiles that I can mail you if you want them. They are individual darker brown. You can email me at alpangle at comcast dot net if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with De. I have also had trouble when the ink was low or in one case, I had ink, but it had dried up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try turning it off taking out the ink cartridge shaking it up a bit, put it back and then turn it back on. It should do a color test print on its own then reprint your tiles set for your 2 copies at one time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me gustan muco esos suelos!!!

    www.minisantonia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colour you've chosen for the floor Doreen. I'm looking for tiles for my half-scale Fairfield and know the frustration of not being able to get something just the colour you want!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...